The ECIP Division aims to characterize economically different climate change scenarios. This consists firstly in the development of economic assessments of climate change impacts.
This research area requires on the one hand to translate, in collaboration with the other divisions of CMCC, the physical impacts of climate change in economic terms. On the other hand, it requires to develop scenarios of social economic development on which climate change will occur. The second research area of the division is the evaluation and design of effective and feasible policies to adapt to climate change.
- Development of the coupling among the economic, climate and impact process-based models of CMCC;
- Development and implementation of social economic scenarios;
- Assessment of the economic cost of climate change impacts at the global, macro-regional, country and subnational level;
- Analysis of climate change adaptation policies;
- Research and networking activities on governance of climate change.
Economic Assessment of Climate Impacts and Adaptation Policy