Presenter: Giovanni Coppini, Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC-OPA division)
Moderator: Simona Masina, Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC-ODA division)
The European Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service – CMEMS provides daily ocean forecasting products which support applications dealing with societal challenges such as maritime safety, coastal and marine environment management, climate change assessment and marine resources management. These applications based on CMEMS products foster the development of Blue Growth – the European the long term strategy to support sustainable growth in the marine and maritime sectors as a whole - in the field of tourism, navigation and maritime transport, off-shore activities, and marine environment and coastal spatial planning and protection.
Oceanographic products from CMEMS are transformed and provided to users, private companies and stakeholders through adding-value chains (downstreaming) which consider advance visualization, usage of multi-channels technological platforms and specific models and algorithms.
This webinar will present several examples of Blue Growth related services, such as:
1) SeaConditions (www.sea-conditions.com), an application aiming to provide a user-friendly experience, allowing quick and easy display of data and access to information;
2) VISIR, a service for computation of safe and efficient nautical routes;
3) OCEAN-SAR (www.ocean-sar.com), a service provided to support maritime authorities and operational centres during search-and-rescue operations;
4) WITOIL (www.witoil.com), a service to deliver and disseminate the prediction of the transport and transformation of actual or hypothetical oil spills in the Mediterranean Sea and its possible expansion to the Black Sea;
5) START a decision support system for coastal and harbours management and protection.
12:30 pm - Welcome and intro, Simona Masina – CMCC – ODA Division
12:35 pm– Presenter’s talk, Giovanni Coppini – CMCC – OPA Division
1:05 pm – Q&A
1:20 pm – End of Webinar
Working language: English
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
The seminar will be broadcasted via Go-to-Webinar.
Please, click on the following link for registration:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.