CMCC is willing to hire one talented, motivated and proactive researcher to cover one open position on climate change policy and governance.
The location is CMCC premises in Venice (Italy), hosted in the premises of Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM), CMCC founding member.
The research activities will be performed within the project “International Center for Climate Governance”. He/she will be involved in the management of the ICCG Observatories focused in the following aspects of climate change governance:
- the role of institutions, interests, and alternative models of governance for the control of climate change;
- the evaluation of climate and energy policies at international, European and national level;
- best practices tackling climate change.
The desired qualifications are:
- a Master and/or a Ph.D. in Environmental Economics, Political Science, Public Policy and/or International Relations. Applications from candidates who are close to the Ph.D. completion are also accepted;
- Proven experience of analytical and research abilities in the field of climate change policy and governance at international, European and national level;
- Technical ability to use Content Management Systems and Web tools;
- Good communication skills and experience of using social media;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting in late Spring 2014 and can be renewed. Gross salary is competitive and will be based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and submit, through this application, (1) a detailed curriculum vitae, (2) a research statement that describes past research accomplishments, 83) a motivation letter, and (4) at least two recommendation letters.
Applicants should make sure that the requested documents are uploaded as a unique file under “cover letter”. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should fill the online form following the link below
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: http://www.cmcc.it/jobs
Deadline: CMCC will begin considering candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience and no later than March 31st, 2014.
This deadline could be postponed if the position has not yet been filled.Deadline