- IO-BAS Institute of Oceanology - Bulgarian Aacademy of Sciences
To identify, link and use the current observations and modeling efforts contributing to monitor the Black Sea and analyze how they can be optimized and deliver the findings through an internet GIS Portal.
CMCC is involved in four Challenges: Marine Protected Areas, Oil Platform Leaks, Climate, and Eutrophication. CMCC is responsible for the Literature Survey and Data Adequacy Reports.Expected resultsTop
- A metadata database for characteristics needed by the Challenges and their data sources.
- Literature survey that is made accessible at the Maritime Forum and through the GIS Web Portal.
- Oil platform leaks’ modeling and the Bulletins’ issued within 24 and 72 hours after the user query.
- Averaged over long terms water temperature, currents, and chlorophyll “a” sea surface concentration.
- For the Challenge of Marine Protected Areas, Climate and Eutrophication: creating the thematic GIS data sets and product;
- For the Challenge of Oil Platform Leaks: issuing oil spill forecast Bulletins.
- National Institute for Marine Research and Development "Grigore Antipa"
- CLS Group
- NKUA - National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- The Sofia University, St. Kliment Ohridski
- The University of Plymouth
- CLU Srl
- IFREMER - Institute Francais de Recherche pour l'Exploitation de la Mer
- IMS-METU - The Institute of Marine Science
- SIO RAS - P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of Russian Academy of Sciences
- The Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- UkrSCES - The Ukrainian Scientific Center of Ecology of the Sea
- RES Offshore
- SC Marine Research Srl