- CMCC - Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
This contract is issued within the EU Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service (CMEMS) to provide regular information about the physical state of the ocean and marine ecosystems for the Mediterranean Sea.
Continuous production of data about the Mediterranean Sea including: analysis, 10 days forecasts, specific and targeted products and reanalysis.
The products describe waves, currents, temperature, salinity, sea level and pelagic biogeochemistry.
CMCC Foundation is the Leader of the service and the coordinator of the consortium. Moreover, CMCC Foundation is responsible for the production of the physics data, for service desk of the Med and of the back up systems for physics and waves.Expected resultsTop
Release of products for the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Centre: analysis, 10 days forecasts, specific and targeted products and reanalysis, describing waves, currents, temperature, salinity, sea level and pelagic biogeochemistry.ActivityTop
Main service activities are grouped in:
- Operations and data production
- Service Desk
- Products quality
- System evolution
- Cross cutting activities: multi-year products, ocean state report (OSR), ocean monitoring indicators (OMI), biogeochemical data assimilation
- OGS - Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale
- HCMR - Hellenic Center for Marine Research