The SISC Sixth Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Climate Sciences (SISC) entitled “Recent trends in climate sciences, adaptation and mitigation” will be held on October 17th-19th, 2018 at the Scientific Campus of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Venezia-Mestre, Italy.
Connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
- Global carbon and other biogeochemical cycles and feedbacks
- Future global climate: scenario-based projections and near-term information
- Polar climate
- The Earth’s energy budget, climate feedbacks, and climate sensitivity
- Weather and climate extreme events in a changing climate
- Linking global to regional climate change
- Mitigation pathways compatible with near- to long-term goals
- Demand, services and social aspects of mitigation
- National and sub-national policies and institutions
- Innovation, technology development and transfer
- Emissions trends and drivers
- Climate change in the Mediterranean Region (NextData project)
- Climate services: role, application, value, challenges and opportunities for market development
- Challenges for climate change adaptation in the post Paris world
The detailed conference programme will be issued after September 20th, 2018.
Keynote lectures, and oral and poster sessions will take place on October 17th and 18th.
On Friday, October 19th, the Conference will host three side events. Participation to side events is free of charge, but registration is mandatory. Italian is the side events official language.
- Training and study for science teachers: accompanying measures for the re-organisation of the second education cycle
- Planning Adaptation to Climate Change: Examples of Multi-Level Actions
- Journalists, scientists and public opinion: looking for a common language
Marco Bindi – University of Florence, Italy
Filippo Giorgi – Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Italy
Valerie Masson-Delmotte – Laboratory for Sciences of Climate and Environment, France
Registrations are open, click here if you want register to the Conference.
SISC members and no members are invited to register.
- 15 June 2018: deadline for submission of abstracts.
- 31 July 2018: notification of acceptance.
- 10 September 2018: deadline for online registrations for presenters; deadline for early registrations.
- 20 September 2018: the Conference programme will be announced.
- 17-19 October 2018: SISC Sixth Annual Conference.