The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive researcher to cover one job position in applied climate risk, vulnerability and resilience assessment.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is the RAAS – Risk Assessment and Adaptation Strategies Division at CMCC premises in Venice, Italy and the research activities will be conducted in collaboration with University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, thanks a strategic partnership between Ca’ Foscari University of Venice and the CMCC Foundation – Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC@Ca’Foscari).
The primary purposes for this position is to:
- development and application of climate-related risk assessment to analyse the effect of climate change-related impacts on built environment, infrastructure systems, agriculture and environment;
- analysis of empirical and model-estimated damage and losses caused by extreme climate events;
- modelling of the climate adaptation strategies and measures, in particular ecosystem- and nature-based adaptation solutions;
- organisation of the peer reviews of the national risk assessments and risk management systems in selected countries;
- contributing to scientific publication activity and disseminations actions.
The desired qualifications are:
- A PhD in environmental economics, environmental science or engineering, science and management of climate change or equivalent subjects.
- Quantitative skills (including GIS, handling of climate datasets in R, Python or other software environment), familiarity with research methods and literature on risk assessment and management, climate change adaptation and resilience.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Previous experience (minimum 2 years) from conducting risk and climate change impact assessment is desired but not required.
The successful candidate will contribute to the ongoing international research & innovation and consultations projects in the field of climate risk and vulnerability assessment.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting from September 2020 and can be renewed. The annual salary, comprehensive of benefits, will depend on qualification and experience
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment”.