The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive researcher to cover one open position on ocean modelling and reanalysis.
This job announcement is a public invitation to express interest for the above mentioned CMCC Position.
The location is CMCC Site in Bologna, Italy.
The primary purposes for this position is to perform research, development and assessment of a high-resolution reanalysis system based on the global ocean analysis and forecast system currently used at CMCC:
The successful candidate will be asked to support the implementation, production and the validation of the reanalysis.
The minimum qualifications are:
- PhD in Physics, Physical Oceanography, Applied Mathematics, or related disciplines with a research background in oceanography and/or data assimilation;
- Knowledge of compiled (i.e. Fortran) and interpreted (Python, R, MatLab) programming languages;
- Good knowledge of software such as NCO, CDO, etc.;
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages;
- Fluent in English.
The following experiences are highly desirable:
- Experience with data assimilation techniques for geophysical fields;
- Hands-on experience with ocean numerical modeling, experience with the NEMO modeling platform being an advantage;
- Experience with assimilation systems, from input data quality control to evaluation of analysis and reanalysis products;
- Experience of parallel programming on supercomputers and knowledge of the NetCDF libraries;
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 24 months starting from October 2020 at an annual salary ranging from 28 to 44K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment”.