The new RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment (EIEE), a research institute co-founded in 2018 by Resources for the Future and the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change, is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and junior and senior researchers in integrated assessment modeling and the low carbon economy.
The location is RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment (EIEE), Site in Milan (@ BASE), Italy.
The primary purposes for these positions are to work on either of these two broad topics:
- Integrated Assessment Modeling: maintaining and developing the WITCH IAM, focusing on either energy systems, macro-economic modeling, distributional impacts, technological change, uncertainty and decision making;
- The low carbon economy: quantitative and/or qualitative analyses of the low carbon transformation, including, but not limited to, green innovation, competitiveness, employment, human migration, climate finance and policy evaluation.
The desired qualifications are:
- a PhD (or be near its completion) in Economics. Also PhDs in Energy Engineering/Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Statistics coupled with economic background are also welcome;
- experience in econometrics, survey, and proficiency in at least one computer language (Knowledge in R, GAMS, Stata, Python, or Julia are an asset for the integrated assessment modeling positions);
- excellent command of written and spoken English.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for one year starting from fall of 2018/early 2019. The gross salary will be based on qualification and working experience and competitive with major research centers in Europe.
Applicants should apply providing a detailed curriculum vitae with a full list of publications.
Short-listed candidates will be required to send also two letters of recommendation in the process.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: http://www.cmcc.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Reclutamento_Personale_EN.pdfDeadline