The Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change Foundation (CMCC Foundation) (www.cmcc.it) is the non profit Italian research centre on climate science and policy. Its activities focus on the development and applications of models of climate dynamics, impacts of climate change and adaptation and mitigation policies.
The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Post Degree to support the Data Science research activities foreseen in the CMCC Advanced Scientific Computing Division in the context of the “IS-ENES3” project.
The location is the CMCC Foundation Headquarter in Lecce, LE, Italy.
The primary purpose for this position is to contribute to the Data Science activity foreseen in the IS-ENES3 project regarding the ENES Climate Data Infrastructure software stack development, with special regard to the Computing and Analytics aspects. The activity will include also the contribution (i) to software developments related to the Ophidia big data analytics framework as part of the scientific data management eco-system of services set up in the project and (ii) to the ESGF Compute Working Team.
The desired qualifications are:
● M.Sc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
● Excellent knowledge of C, Python, Java programming languages
● Excellent knowledge of Linux and bash scripting;
● Good knowledge of Database systems;
● Good knowledge of JupyterHub, Notebooks and Python libraries;
● Good knowledge of both written and spoken English language.
The following experience is also highly recommended:
● Good knowledge of big data and data science libraries and tools;
● Good knowledge of NetCDF/HDF5 data formats;
● Good knowledge of profiling and tracing tools;
● Good knowledge of benchmarking methodologies.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 5 months starting from 1 st February 2019 at an annual salary ranging from 20K to 26K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: