This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is by and between the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC), the UCAR and NCAR.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this MOA is to define a framework for scientific cooperation between CMCC and NCAR. NCAR and CMCC plan to regularly exchange information about ongoing and newly developing plans and activities.
- NCAR and CMCC plan to develop cooperative research projects as described in this MOA.
- NCAR and CMCC may also, in cases of mutual agreement, agree to develop new joint research and development projects.
Research areas of Mutual Interest
Subject to the availability of funds, personnel and the mutual agreement of both parties, cooperative activities will be for specific projects between CMCC and NCAR, and may be undertaken in the following general areas:
- Climate Change Research: global climate modeling, regional climate modeling, investigation and assessment of climate change impact.
- Development and application of cyberinfrastructure capabilities: computer science, computational science, and software engineering, including emerging areas such as grid computing and distributed simulation; Applied mathematics and numerical methods; Definition,development, and application of new software frameworks and environments; Geographic Information System; Scientific Visualization; Data storage and access technologies.
- Education, Outreach and Professional Development: Coordination and possible joint funding of graduate students and postdoctoral programs; exchange of students and professional staff for short and long-term visits.
Points of contact:
- CMCC – Antonio Navarra
- UCAR and NCAR – Michael Thompson
Deadline: 22 August 2019