- Degree in Mathematics, in 1988.
- PhD in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, in 1995.
- Researcher in Numerical Analysis, in 1996.
- Associate professor of Numerical Analysis, since 2001.
- Member of the Academic Board of the PhD in Mathematics and Informatics, of University of Naples Federico II.
- Teacher of courses in Numerical Analysis, Scientific Computing and Parallel Computing
Research activity focuses on Scientific Computing and it is addressed to the numerical solution of ill-posed inverse problems with applications in image analysis, medical imaging, astronomy, digital restoration of films and data assimilation.
The need of computing the numerical solution on a suitable time, induced by the applications, often requires the use of advanced computing architectures. This involves designing and development of algorithms and software capable of exploiting the high performance of emerging computing infrastructures.
Research produces a total of about 100 publications in refereed journals and conference proceedings.