- Bavarian Environment Agency, Department 10: Geological Survey, Economic Geology, Soil Protection, Unit 106: Applied Geology Southern Bavaria, Unit 81: Climate Change, Impacts of Climate (LfU)
AdaptAlp is an Alpine Space Programme (Priority 3: Environment and Risk Prevention) project, part of the European Territorial Cooperation 2007-2013. With the overall aim of assessing impacts and adaptation to climate change in the Alpine Space, 16 partners from six different countries are working on:
- the consolidation of the cooperation in the Alpine space on the prevention of the risk and on the methods of management of the risk;
- the supply of data for the European Floods directive and the European INSPIRE directive;
- the supply of data from models and observations in the Alpine area in order to produce more accurate forecasts of natural disasters and estimates of impacts;
- the formulation of a transnational cognitive platform in the Alpine area about the evaluation of the risks and the mapping of natural disasters in order to elaborate some transnational guide-lines by taking into account the impacts of climate change;
- the support of adaptation actions on a transnational, national, regional and local level, through the opening of coordinated campaigns on the risks management and comunication;
- the implementation of activities connected to the adaptation to climate change in the Alpine area.
Since 02/01/2009 till the end of the project, the Climate Impacts and Policies. An Economic Assessment (CIP) division of the CMCC is scientific-technical consultant of an Adaptalp partner: the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Land and Sea – Department for Environmental Research and Development (MATTM) .Expected resultsTop
In the course of the project, recommendations for policy-makers and local stakeholders will be derived regarding adaptation strategies and disaster risk management. In various pilot regions the experiences and results of the project activities will be brought together in order to find ‘best-practice’ examples.ActivityTop
CMCC participates to the technical-scientific activities in WP4 “Water Regime”, implementing the following activities :
- Production of climate simulations on a global and regional level and analysis of the results to be used by other WP4 partners. These activities are divided into 2 lines :
- Line 1 – preparation and development of global climate scenarios.
- Line 2 – preparation and development of regional climate scenarios (defined in the Alpine area) by using the conditions of the global climate scenarios.
- Production – in cooperation with the partners of the project and with the responsibles of the WP – of elaborations of synthesis of the activities.
CMCC also collaborates in the dissemination of information regarding the project.PartnersTop
- BAFU - Federal Office for Environment