The PhD programme in Science and Management of Climate Change is a joint initiative between Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (UNIVE), the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) and Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e Geofisica Sperimentale (OGS).
The PhD programme offers a 4-year fully funded scholarship, including one year of full-time coursework, with worldwide research opportunities and connections to a broad international network of top-level universities and research centers in the field, as well as placement in highly renowned institutions afterwards. The programme is conducted entirely in English.
The PhD in Science and Management of Climate Change brings together the science and the economics of climate change.
Key research themes of the PhD programme include:
- Dynamics of climate variations and change
- Ocean Dynamics
- Polar Climate and Sea Ice
- Assessment of biophysical and socio-economic impacts of climate change and adaptation strategies
- Analysis of national and international mitigation and adaptation policies in the context of sustainable development
- Risk assessment and decision support systems (DSS) for environmental impacts of climate
The PhD Programme, which is conducted entirely in English, offers six 4-year fully funded scholarships, including one year of full-time coursework for admitted candidates.
PhD students can access worldwide research and placement opportunities, thanks to the Programme’s connections to a broad international network of top-level universities and research centers in the field. Completing their studies and receiving their PhDs, they will also receive the qualification of MPhil in Science and Management of Climate Change.