The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive post-doc to develop and evaluate high-resolution global ocean models. The position will be funded by different projects and will also take advantage of different computational resources (CMCC Supercomputing Center, PRACE).
The location is CMCC in Bologna, Italy.
The primary purposes for this position is to perform reserch, development and assessment of the next generation CMCC global ocean model at eddy-resolving resolution.
The desired qualifications are:
- PhD in Physics, mathematics, earth science or related disciplines
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems;
- Knowledge of script languages (i.e. UNIX shell, Python);
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Fortran, C);
- Fluency in English;
Following experiences will be very welcome:
- Knowledge of Numerical Modelling;
- Knowledge of Data Assimilation techniques;
- Knowledge in parallel programming (i.e. OpenMP, MPI);
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting as soon as possible at an annual salary ranging from 28K to 35K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: http://www.cmcc.it/jobsDeadline