Silvio Gualdi is Senior Scientist at CMCC, where he leads the “Climate Simulation and Prediction” Division (CSP).
He holds a PhD in Geophysics and has more than 14 years of experience in climate modelling and simulations. During this period, he has contributed to the development of climate models (e.g., SINTEX, CMCC-Med) and seasonal-to-decadal prediction systems (e.g DEMETER, MERSEA, ENSEMBLES, COMBINE).
- RP0285 – CMCC-SPS3: The CMCC Seasonal Prediction System 3
- RP0269 – A New Approach to Extract Monthly High Resolution Information for Precipitation from GCM Scenarios and Predictions
- RP0254 – The Regional Ocean-Atmosphere Coupled Model COSMO-NEMO_MFS
- RP0253 – The new CMCC – Seasonal Prediction System
- Extreme precipitation events over north-western Europe: getting water from the tropics
- The role of humidity in determining perceived temperature extremes scenarios in Europe
- The role of forcings in the 20th century North Atlantic multi-decadal variability: the 1940-1975 North Atlantic cooling case study
- Tropical cyclone rainfall changes in a warmer climate