Silvio Gualdi is Senior Scientist at CMCC, where he leads the “Climate Simulation and Prediction” Division (CSP).
He holds a PhD in Geophysics and has more than 14 years of experience in climate modelling and simulations. During this period, he has contributed to the development of climate models (e.g., SINTEX, CMCC-Med) and seasonal-to-decadal prediction systems (e.g DEMETER, MERSEA, ENSEMBLES, COMBINE).
- Assessment of Climate Change Impacts in the North Adriatic Coastal Area. Part I: A Multi-Model Chain for the Definition of Climate Change Hazard Scenarios
- Global Mean Climate and Main Patterns of Variability in the CMCC-CM2 Coupled Model
- Using daily data from seasonal forecasts in dynamic crop models for yield prediction: A case study for rice in Nepal’s Terai
- Remote subsurface ocean temperature as a predictor of Atlantic hurricane activity
- Extreme precipitation events over north-western Europe: getting water from the tropics
- RP0285 – CMCC-SPS3: The CMCC Seasonal Prediction System 3
- The role of humidity in determining perceived temperature extremes scenarios in Europe
- The role of forcings in the 20th century North Atlantic multi-decadal variability: the 1940-1975 North Atlantic cooling case study
- Tropical cyclone rainfall changes in a warmer climate
- Tropical cyclone interaction with the ocean: the role of high frequency (sub-daily) coupled processes