The Integrated Modeling Assessment Consortium (IAMC) is soliciting abstracts for its Eleventh Annual Meeting to be held in November 13-15, 2918, in Sevilla, Spain.
Submit your abstract here.
Deadline for abstract submissions: 30 June 2018
The purpose of the IAMC Annual Meeting is to present and discuss the state of the art in integrated assessment modeling. In particular, we are interested to review the status of ongoing community activities, including multi-model studies and the activities of the IAMC Scientific Working Groups, and to facilitate interaction with collaborating communities. The meeting will also look into the priorities of the integrated assessment modeling community.
IAMC offers a selected a range of topics for which abstracts for oral presentations can be submitted. In addition, people can also submit poster presentations for these topics (or any other topic, in the case of posters).
1. Integrated assessment of climate impacts
2. Deep mitigation pathways
3. National mid-century mitigation strategies
4. Attaining multiple SDGs
5. Land-based mitigation strategies
6. Demand for energy and food, including the impact of lifestyle change.
7. Sustainable finance, investments, and scenarios for financial disclosure
8. Methodological issues in the field of integrated assessment
9. Renewable energy, grid integration, energy storage and demand side management
10. Climate system representation in IAMs
11. Analysis of possible future disruptive trends
12. Extension of SSP applications
As with past meetings, a major part of this year’s meeting will be devoted to parallel sessions on cutting edge integrated assessment model development and research. And, as with last year’s meeting, we will hold a poster session that is open to poster presentations covering any topic of interest (with posters grouped thematically).
Parallel sessions will be organized thematically and are expected to include six to eight short presentations, potentially including some invited presentations, and a group discussion of research priorities. The poster session has been a highlight of annual meetings, offering a unique opportunity for in-depth conversations about new work. The selected focus topics for the meeting are described below.
The meeting’s organizing committee will assign topics to parallel sessions and the poster session based on the number and quality of submitted abstracts.
The Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC) is an organization of scientific research organizations that pursues scientific understanding of issues associated with integrated assessment modeling and analysis.
The IAMC has three core missions.
- The IAMC facilitates and fosters the development of integrated assessment models (IAMs), peer interaction and vetting of research associated with IAMs, and the conduct of research employing IAMs, including model diagnosis, intercomparison, and coordinated studies.
- The IAMC promotes, facilitates and helps to coordinate interactions between IAMC members and members of other scientific research communities studying climate change such as the Climate Modeling (CM), the Impact, Adaptation, and Vulnerability (IAV), and the technology and engineering communities.
- The IAMC provides a point of contact with other institutions and organizations that use the science results of the IAM community, such as the IPCC.
The CMCC Foundation is a member of the IAMC.
Further info at IAMC Website.