AdriaClim is the acronym of the new research project funded by the Italy-Croatia Interreg Cooperation Programme that is dedicated to supporting the development of science-based regional and local climate change adaptation plans.
Coordinated by Agenzia Regionale per la Prevenzione l’Ambiente e l’energia of the Emilia-Romagna region, AdriClim involves 19 partners and brings together research institutes, universities, institutions, and business from the two countries. More in detail, AdriaClim will integrate innovative technologies, scientific knowledge, decision-making processes, and end-user needs to address coastal adaptation planning for a sustainable blue economy. The activities of the project are aimed at providing accurate, timely, and reliable information on local sea-level rise, sea temperature, and salinity, coastal erosion. This information, along with the use of monitoring and management tools for adaptation strategies in Adriatic coastal areas, will support the decision-making process, while the project will also develop activities dedicate to analyze specific case studies and improve public awareness on adaptation to climate change.
The kickoff meeting of the project will take place remotely on June 29-30, 2020.
AdriaClim – Climate change information, monitoring and management tools for adaptation strategies in Adriatic coastal areas
- Agenzia Regionale per la Prevenzione l’Ambiente e l’energia dell’Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche – ISMAR, Italy
- Agenzia Regionale per la Prevenzione e Protezione Ambientale del Veneto, Italy
- Agencija za Razvoj Zadarske Županije Zadra Nova, Croatia
- Dubrovačko – Neretvanska županija, Croatia
- Institut Ruđer Bošković, Croatia
- Javna Ustanova RERA Sd Za Koordinaciju I Razvoj Splitsko Dalmatinske Županije, Croatia
- Institut Za Oceanografiju I Ribarstvo, Croatia
- Regione Puglia, Italy
- Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici, Italy
- Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna, Italy
- Agenzia Regionale per la Protezione dell’ambiente del Friuli Venezia Giulia (ARPA FVG), Italy
- Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale – ISPRA, Italy
- Regione Marche, Italy
- Azienda ULSS n. 3 Serenissima, Italy
- Regione Molise, Italy
- Regione Emilia Romagna, Italy
- Comune Di Venezia, Italy
- Istarska Županija, Croatia
AdriaClim project is funded by the Italy-Croatia Interreg Cooperation Programme