Edificio Porta dell'Innovazione - Piano 2, Via della Libertà 12 - 30175 Venezia Marghera (VE), Italy
Carlo Carraro is President Emeritus and Professor of Environmental Economics at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice. He holds a Ph.D. from Princeton University. He was President of the University of Venice from 2009 to 2014 and Director of the Department of Economics from 2005 to 2008.
He is President of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE) for the biennium 2018-2019.
In 2008, he was elected Vice-Chair of the Working Group III and Member of the Bureau of the Nobel Laureate Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). In 2015, he was re-elected for a second term. He worked as an IPCC Lead Author since 1995.
For more than twenty years, he was Scientific Director of Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) and, from 2009, Director of the International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG). He is now Scientific Director of the Fondazione Nord Est and Chair of the Executive Board of the European Institute on Economics and the Environment (EIEE).
He is also Strategic Advisor of the Euro Mediterranean Centre for Climate Change (CMCC) and a Fellow of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE).
Professor Carraro is Co-Chair of the Green Growth Knowledge Platform Advisory Committee and a member of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Expert Network. He is President of the HforHuman Foundation, an organisation whose aim is to support innovation in education.
He is Research Fellow of the CEPR (Center for Economic Policy Research), London and CESifo (Center of Economic Studies ), Munich, and Associate Research Fellow, CEPS (Center of Economic Policy Studies ), Bruxelles.
He has written about 40 books and more than 300 articles on the international coordination of monetary policy, international negotiations and the formation of international environmental agreements, dynamic modelling of climate-economy interactions, sustainable development, climate policy.
His blog is www.carlocarraro.org.
- Natural resources and conflict: A meta-analysis of the empirical literature
- RP0286 – Learning from Nationally Determined Contributions
- The Ex-Ante Evaluation of Achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Investments in and Macroeconomic Costs of Climate Mitigation in the Working Group III Contribution to the Fifth Assessment Report of the IPCC
- Can climate policy enhance sustainability?
- Human Capital, Innovation, and Climate Policy: An Integrated Assessment
- Incentives and stability of international climate coalitions: An integrated assessment
- Adaptation can help mitigation: an integrated approach to post-2012 climate policy
- RP0187 - The Optimal Energy Mix in Power Generation and the Contribution from Natural Gas in Reducing Carbon Emissions to 2030 and Beyond
- Investments and public finance in a green, low carbon, economy