Born in Naples on May 11th 1959, he received a graduation in Mathematics at University “Federico II” of Naples. Pasquale Schiano works at CIRA , the Italian Aerospace Research, since from 1987 and he is currently the head of the Division “On-Board Systems and ATM”. He has also a position at the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) as member of the Board Directors and of the Strategic Council.
His research activities are related to the applications of Electronic and Information and Communication Technologies to the aerospace sector. He has experience of participation and coordination of European projects and he leaded, on behalf of the Italian Ministry for Research, the first Italian Position Paper on the European GMES (Global Monitoring for Environment and Security) Program. He is also member of the EREA (European Research Establishments for Aeronautics)/SRG (Security Research Group).
He has been invited as Invited Speaker at various international conferences on parallel computing, security, and ICT.
He has been invited several times by the UE for the assessment and review of proposals and research projects of the ESPRIT and IST program for High Performance Computing, Networking ICT, Electronics.
- A Sensitivity Study on High Resolution NWP ICON—LAM Model over Italy
- RP0233 - High resolution climate scenarios on Mediterranean test case areas for the hydro-climate integrated system
- A simulation chain for early prediction of rainfall-induced landslides
- Brief communication "A prototype forecasting chain for rainfall induced shallow landslides"
- Simulation of the climate of the XX century in the Alpine space
- An Adaptive Framework based on Multi-Model Data Fusion for one day ahead Wind Power Forecasting