Edificio Porta dell'Innovazione - Piano 2 - via della Libertà 12 - 30175 Venezia Marghera (VE), Italy
Is a senior Researcher on urban sustainability and climate change adaptation in the Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change (CMCC) Venice (Italy). Within the ECIP division, Margaretha focusses on the assessment and design of urban sustainable adaptation policies.
Supporting the EEA, she coordinates scientific input activities with regards to urban adaptation, including the redaction of the EEA report on urban adaptation (2016), and contributions to the EEA report on in equalities. She furthermore works on NBS and on social issues of climate change adaptation in cities. Since 2019, she is coordinating the INTERREG Italy-Croatia Project ADRIADAPT – a Resilience Information platform for cities in the Adriatic area.
- Tools and methods to support adaptive policy making in marine areas: Review and implementation of the Adaptive Marine Policy Toolbox
- Socioeconomic Impacts of Networks of Marine Protected Areas
- A framework for assessing and implementing the co-benefits of nature-based solutions in urban areas
- The Adaptive Marine Policy (AMP) toolbox: Supporting policy-makers developing adaptive policies in the Mediterranean and Black Sea
- RP0273 - Multi-hazard risk assessment of two Hong Kong districts
- Community of Practice Approach to Developing Urban Sustainability Indicators
- RP0131 - Conceptualizing urban adaptation to climate change. Findings from an applied adaptation assessment framework