Donatello Elia earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Technology cum laude from the University of Salento in April 2010, presenting a thesis in the field of computer networks.
In April 2013, he obtained a Master of Science Degree in Computer Engineering cum laude from the University of Salento, with a thesis in High Performance Computing developed in collaboration with the CMCC.
Since July 2013, he is working at the CMCC as a member of the Scientific Data Management (SDM) research team, within the Advanced Scientific Computing (ASC) division.
His main research interests include high performance computing and distributed computing, in particular distributed data management, high-performance database management and data analytics/mining.
- Towards an Open (Data) Science Analytics-Hub for Reproducible Multi-Model Climate Analysis at Scale
- GIS and Data: Three applications to enhance Mobility
- A Re-Identification Risk-Based Anonymization Framework for Data Analytics Platforms
- A Science gateway for biodiversity and climate change research
- BioClimate: A Science Gateway for Climate Change and Biodiversity research in the EUBrazilCloudConnect project
- Big Data Analytics on Large-Scale Scientific Datasets in the INDIGO-DataCloud Project
- On the Use of In-Memory Analytics Workflows to Computer eScience Indicators from Large Climate Datasets
- Distributed and cloud-based multi-model analytics experiments on large volumes of climate change data in the earth system grid federation eco-system
- Big data analytics for climate change and biodiversity in the EUBrazilCC federated cloud infrastructure
- Ophidia: A Full Software Stack for Scientific Data Analytics