She is the Director of the CMCC Division Impacts on Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services (IAFES), coordinating the research group in Viterbo.
She holds a master’s degree in Geological Sciences from the “Sapienza” University of Rome, a PhD in Forest Ecology at University of Tuscia in Viterbo (IT) and a Post-University Master on “General and Applied Geophysics” at INGV/University of Pisa.
Since more than 13 years, she is involved in CMCC scientific and project management activities and, as researcher of the IAFES Division, she is expert on GIS-based water cycle and land use change evaluations under climate change and variability, including indicators of slow-onset extreme episodes like hydrological droughts and various attributes of low inflow periods. Through these tools, she deals with the quantification of feedbacks between climate and terrestrial ecosystem components due to water, soil and plants interactions, with focus on impacts on water resources. She has also extensive expertise on GIS-based algorithms and tools related to terrain analysis procedures, essential for a robust hydrological modeling.
- Complex drought patterns robustly explain global yield loss for major crops
- Performances of climatic indicators from seasonal forecasts for ecosystem management: The case of Central Europe and the Mediterranean
- The Quest for Genes Involved in Adaptation to Climate Change in Ruminant Livestock
- VHR-REA_IT Dataset: Very High Resolution Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis over Italy by COSMO-CLM
- Datasets and approaches for the estimation of rainfall erosivity over Italy: A comprehensive comparison study and a new method
- Future rainfall scenarios for the assessment of water availability in Italy
- A new global dataset of bioclimatic indicators
- An Innovative Tool for the Management of the Surface Drinking Water Resources at European Level: GOWARE—Transnational Guide Towards an Optimal WAter REgime
- Climate Change and Geographic Ranges: The Implications for Russian Forests
- Evaluation of Freshwater Flow From Rivers to the Sea in CMIP5 Simulations: Insights From the Congo River Basin