Via Igino Garbini 51, 01100 Viterbo
She is the Director of the CMCC Division Impacts on Agriculture, Forests and Ecosystem Services (IAFES), coordinating the research group in Viterbo.
She holds a master’s degree in Geological Sciences from the “Sapienza” University of Rome, a PhD in Forest Ecology at University of Tuscia in Viterbo (IT) and a Post-University Master on “General and Applied Geophysics” at INGV/University of Pisa.
Since more than 13 years, she is involved in CMCC scientific and project management activities and, as researcher of the IAFES Division, she is expert on GIS-based water cycle and land use change evaluations under climate change and variability, including indicators of slow-onset extreme episodes like hydrological droughts and various attributes of low inflow periods. Through these tools, she deals with the quantification of feedbacks between climate and terrestrial ecosystem components due to water, soil and plants interactions, with focus on impacts on water resources. She has also extensive expertise on GIS-based algorithms and tools related to terrain analysis procedures, essential for a robust hydrological modeling.
- Altitudinal shifting of major forest tree species in Italian mountains under climate change
- Very High Resolution Projections over Italy under different CMIP5 IPCC scenarios
- Calibrating a Process-Based Model to Enhance Robustness in Carbon Sequestration Simulations: The Case of Cedrus atlantica (Endl.) Manetti ex Carrière
- A Global Multiscale SPEI Dataset under an Ensemble Approach
- Monthly to seasonal rainfall erosivity over Italy: Current assessment by empirical model and future projections by EURO-CORDEX ensemble
- Co-design of sectoral climate services based on seasonal prediction information in the Mediterranean
- Complex drought patterns robustly explain global yield loss for major crops
- Performances of climatic indicators from seasonal forecasts for ecosystem management: The case of Central Europe and the Mediterranean
- The Quest for Genes Involved in Adaptation to Climate Change in Ruminant Livestock
- VHR-REA_IT Dataset: Very High Resolution Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis over Italy by COSMO-CLM