Enrico Scoccimarro is Senior Scientist at euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC), part of the “Climate Simulations and Prediction” (CSP).
He has 20 years of experience in climate modelling with a special focus on the coupling between the atmosphere and ocean components of General Circulation Models (GCMs). During this period, he has contributed to the development of several GCMs (e.g., INGV-SXG, CMCC-Med, CMCC-CM CMCC-CM2) and has performed a number of climate scenario simulations and projections participating to the different Coupled Model Intercomparison Projects (CMIP3, CMIP5, CMIP6) providing climate data for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Assessment Reports.
He has been partner and WP leader in several international projects (about ten H2020 projects) mainly dealing with high resolution modelling and impact associated to extreme events.
His main research interest is on extreme events such as Tropical Cyclones with particular focus on their interaction with the Climate System.
He has been member of the TCMIP (Tropical Cyclone Model Intercomparison Project) and member of the US-CLIVAR Hurricane Working Group since 2011.
Since 2014, he is teacher of the “General Circulation Models” course for the “Science and Management of the Climate Change” Doctorate Programme of the Cà Foscari University of Venice.
Since 2018 he is member of the European Marine Board Expert Group for the definition of the Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) for Oceans and Human Health (OHH) in Europe,
and since 2020 he is member of the Management Committee of the European network for Mediterranean cyclones in weather and climate.
He is author of more than 60 peer-reviewed publications presented in more than 100 international conferences, with about half of the scientific production focusing on Tropical Cyclone interaction with the climate system.
- Projected Future Changes in Tropical Cyclones using the CMIP6 HighResMIP Multi-model Ensemble
- Heavy Daily Precipitation Events in the CMIP6 Worst-Case Scenario: Projected Twenty-First-Century Changes
- Impact of higher spatial atmospheric resolution on precipitation extremes over land in global climate models
- Examining the Precipitation Associated with Medicanes in the High-Resolution ERA-5 Reanalysis Data
- Past long-term summer warming over western Europe in new generation climate models: role of large-scale atmospheric circulation
- Heavy precipitation events over East Africa in a changing climate: results from CORDEX RCMs
- Influence of model resolution on bomb cyclones revealed by HighResMIP-PRIMAVERA simulations
- Characteristics of model tropical cyclone climatology and the large-scale environment
- Annual Green Water Resources and Vegetation Resilience Indicators: Definitions, Mutual Relationships, and Future Climate Projections
- The typhoon-induced drying of the Maritime Continent