The Innovative Training Network EPOC aims at advancing the state-of-the-art and the applicability of computationally intensive methods for decision and policy analysis and at using these methods in the domains of climate change and innovation.
48 months from 01/03/2021 to 28/02/2025
The Innovative Training Network EPOC aims at advancing the state-of-the-art and the applicability of computationally intensive methods for decision and policy analysis and at using these methods in the domains of climate change and innovation. This agenda will be pursued by combining an interdisciplinary research agenda with an innovative European joint doctoral training programme.
Fondazione CMCC is a one of the ten partner organizations, where the Early Stage Researchers will be hosted for a secondment.
Research in EPOC will be structured in three workpackages.
WP1 is dedicated to methodological work aiming at the development of new improved approaches for empirical analysis as well as for the design and estimation of dynamic heterogeneous agent models.
WP2 focuses on different aspects of fostering and managing a low-carbon transition, thereby relating to several cross-cutting themes of EPOC, such as the role of social influence and network effects in economies characterised by a combination of local and global linkages.
In WP3 closely related issues about the role of public policy in fostering technological change and steering the diffusion of technologies are treated.
Early Stage Researchers will gain expertise and skills in data science, network theory, agent-based simulation, and economic modelling, with focus on climate change and innovation, and will apply these skills in their individual research projects. The academic training will be complemented by Transferable Skills Training Measures, Inter-Sectoral Training Measures, provided by non-academic partners, and Career Development Training. Interaction with stakeholders, policy makers and the general public will play an important role in pursuing the EPOC agenda and disseminating the results.
- Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA), The Netherlands
- Universidad Autonoma De Barcelona (UAB), Spain
- Kobenhavns Universitet (UCPH), Denmark
- Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore (UCSC), Italy
- Universite Paris I Pantheon-Sorbonne (UP1),France
- Universita Ca’ Foscari Venezia (UNIVE), Italy
- Global Climate Forum (GCF), Germany
- Golin Science Management (GSM), Germany
- Greenland Institute of Natural Resources (GINR), Denmark
- Institute for Climate Economics (I4CE), France
- Italian National Statistical Institute (ISTAT), Italy
- Lucidminds (LMAI), The Netherlands
- Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC), Italy
- Munich Climate Insurance Initiative e.V. (MCII), Germany
- Skkip Consulting (SKKIP), Italy
- Talents’ Friends (TalFr), Germany