- UNDP - African Adaptation Program (AAP)
- Ministry of Environment of Mauritius
The global objective of the study is to develop an inundation, flooding and landslide national risk profile, with maps, a strategic framework and action plans for the integration of disaster risk management into urban planning and development, in the Republic of Mauritius. The provided services will include the assessment and mapping of the vulnerable sites with regards to flooding, inundation and landslides, and the development of a national framework. This framework will include indications about the assessment of vulnerability, the planning mechanisms, and the formulation of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) policies, guidelines, adaptation strategies and action plans to respond to climate change related disasters in the years to come.
Inundation, Flooding and Landslide National Risk Profile, Maps, Strategy Framework and Action Plans for Disaster Risk Management for the Republic of MauritiusActivityTop
- Comprehensive analysis of country situation with respect to Disaster Risk Assessment;
- Hazard profiling and zoning maps for flood/inundation & landslide prone areas;
- Identification of high risks areas and relevant Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change options; and
- Elaboration of a Disaster Risk Reduction strategic framework, policy and action plans.
- SGI - Studio Galli Ingegneria SpA