The Interreg MED Horizontal project MEDNICE – MED programme Networks for an Innovative Cooperation in Energy efficiency launched its thematic community on Energy Efficiency for Public Buildings (“Efficient Buildings”) during its kick-off meeting on March 7-8, 2017, in Nice, France.
As a MED hub for Energy Efficiency (EE) innovative and shared solutions, the project MEDNICE aims to anchor a MED community around energy issues that public organisations face in order to promote and share the results of 10 so-called modular projects, that is SISMA, PRIORITEE, IMPULSE, STEPPING, ENERJ, EduFootprint, TEESCHOOLS, SHERPA, CESBA MED, while increasing their impact on public policies.
This strategic project of coordination, communication, and capitalization relies on the support and the participation of all the actors working on this topic.
A representative of the DG Energy of the European Commission delivered a speech while highlighting the key role of MEDNICE as a privileged partner for the European institutions for the next coming years in order to combine the issue of energy efficiency in public buildings with the specific challenges of the Mediterranean Basin.
As a MEDNICE partner, the CMCC Foundation will be responsible of the external communication of the project in order to ensure a wide dissemination of the
modular projects results and of the community building and capitalization activities.
The project relies on the competences of six European partners:
- the City of Nice (Lead partner, France) and its Euromed Cities Network;
- Energy Cities, the European association of local authorities in energy transition, based in France and Brussels;
- the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI, Slovenia);
- the CMCC Foundation – Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC, Italy);
- the Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC, Spain), and
- the Region of North Aegean (Greece), representing the CPMR Balkans and Black Sea Commission, based in Greece.
The Efficient Buildings Community draws on the work of ten thematic projects: SISMA, PRIORITEE, IMPULSE, STEPPING, ENERJ, EduFootprint, TEESCHOOLS, SHERPA, CESBA MED.
MEDNICE belongs to the Interreg MED Priority Axis 2 “Fostering low-carbon strategies and energy efficiency in specific MED territories: cities, islands and remote areas”.
Interreg MED is a transnational programme of European territorial cooperation. It’s co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Source: Press release.