SISC Annual Conference 2021
September 22-24, 2021
“Accelerating Climate Action: A just transition in a post-Covid era” is the title of the SISC 9th Annual Conference, taking place on September 22nd-24th, 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, all sessions of Accelerating Climate Action Conference will be held exclusively online
The Conference aims at connecting leading scientists, researchers, economists, practitioners, business leaders, and policy makers, whose activities are focused on different aspects of climate change, its impacts and related policies.
The Conference is an important interdisciplinary platform for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of science and management of climate change.
Topics of interest include:
1. One health and climate change: multidisciplinary approaches and solutions
2. Climate trends: changes in means and extreme events in observations, simulations and projections.
3. Predicting the evolution of the Earth system.
4. Glaciers, ice sheets, sea–ice: climate of the past and future tipping points.
5. Climate related impacts on natural and human systems.
6. Risks and adaptation options in a warmer world.
7. Urban areas: assessing, predicting and managing the current and future risk.
8. Climate services and their potential to support adaptation and risk management.
9. Climate policies and transition pathways in the context of sustainable development.
10. Climate action: Equity and distributional implications
11. Mitigation technologies for ambitious climate targets.
12. Big data, technology innovations, artificial intelligence and climate challenges
The calls for abstracts for special sessions are open:
The abstract (maximum 8,000 characters including spaces) should be submitted online in English, no later than May 21st, 2021. Abstracts not responding to this criteria will not be considered. Authors are requested to choose the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster) catering for their preference.
BEST POSTER AWARD
The best poster presented at the Conference will be recognised with the Best Poster Award.
The Conference Scientific Committee is in charge of the selection.
BOOK OF ABSTRACTS
A Book of Abstracts identified by an ISBN code will be published in the SISC website after the Conference.
21 May 2021: deadline for submission of abstracts
30 June 2021: notification of acceptance
23 July 2021: deadline for online registration for presenters
30 Aug 2021: Preliminary programme
22-24 Sep 2021: 9th SISC Annual Conference
SISC – Società Italiana per le Scienze del Clima