Salvatore Causio is a Marine Biologist and he holds a Ph.D. in Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies in 2021 at the University of Salento (Italy).
From 2016 to 2017 he worked at CMCC Ocean Predictions and Applications Division as researcher associate.
From 2021 he is a Post-doc at CMCC-OPA and he is member of Research and Innovation in Forecasting group.
His research activities are mainly dedicated on the interaction between waves and hydrodynamics at regional and coastal scale but he is also involved in the development of tools for oceanography and numerical modelling validation.
- The Black Sea Physics Analysis and Forecasting System within the Framework of the Copernicus Marine Service
- Climate Signals in the Black Sea From a Multidecadal Eddy-Resolving Reanalysis
- Monitoring and Forecasting the Ocean State and Biogeochemical Processes in the Black Sea: Recent Developments in the Copernicus Marine Service
- A Modelling Approach for the Assessment of Wave-Currents Interaction in the Black Sea
- A multi-model architecture based on Long-Short Term Memory neural networks for multi-step sea level forecasting