Viale Trieste 127, 01100 Viterbo, Italy
+39 0761 309587
Senior scientific manager at CMCC, PhD in forest ecology with scientific background in forestry and climate change. Since 2003, she has been involved in the UNFCCC negotiations, providing technical and scientific support to the Italian Delegation on issues related to agriculture, LULUCF and REDD+. Her research activity is focused on the link between the scientific and policy communities in several EU Funded research projects (EU FP7 project LUC4C 2013-2017; ongoing H2020 project: VERIFY; COCO2 and PARIS-REINFORCE). Between 2003 and 2007 she was actively involved as forestry expert in various international projects as team leader or as forest carbon sequestration expert within AR CDM project development activities at several stages. Amongst others, she worked in China, Argentina, Mozambique, Ghana, Montenegro, Macedonia and Serbia for the Italian Ministry of Environment and Territory, in Albania and Ukraine within BioCarbon Fund projects, in Albania again with the World Bank and in India within an EU funded project in Haryana. She is currently the Italian representative at the Working Group 5 at the EU Climate Change Committee on “Implementation of the LULUCF Decision and policy development of the land use, land use change and forestry sector (529/2013)”. GEO Programme Board alternate representative for Italy, since July 2020 she is chairing the sub Group on Mitigation of the Climate Change Working Group at GEO.
- Emerging reporting and verification needs under the Paris Agreement: How can the research community effectively contribute?
- Balancing Emissions and Removals in the Land Sector: The View from the EU
- The consolidated European synthesis of CH4 and N2O emissions for the European Union and United Kingdom: 1990–2017
- The Land Sector in the 2030 EU Climate Change Policy Framework: a Look At The Future
- Koronivia Joint Work on Agricolture: analysis of submissions
- Soil organic carbon pool's contribution to climate change mitigation on marginal land of a Mediterranean montane area in Italy
- State of Mediterranean Forests 2018
- Reconciling global-model estimates and country reporting of anthropogenic forest CO2 sinks
- Biophysical effects on temperature and precipitation due to land cover change
- Effect of selective logging on soil organic carbon dynamics in tropical forests in central and western Africa