Via Igino Garbini 51, 01100 Viterbo
+39 0761 309587
Senior scientific manager at CMCC, PhD in forest ecology with scientific background in forestry and climate change. Since 2003, she has been involved in the UNFCCC negotiations, providing technical and scientific support to the Italian Delegation on issues related to agriculture, LULUCF and REDD+. Her research activity is focused on the link between the scientific and policy communities in several EU Funded research projects (EU FP7 project LUC4C 2013-2017; ongoing H2020 project: VERIFY; COCO2 and PARIS-REINFORCE). Between 2003 and 2007 she was actively involved as forestry expert in various international projects as team leader or as forest carbon sequestration expert within AR CDM project development activities at several stages. Amongst others, she worked in China, Argentina, Mozambique, Ghana, Montenegro, Macedonia and Serbia for the Italian Ministry of Environment and Territory, in Albania and Ukraine within BioCarbon Fund projects, in Albania again with the World Bank and in India within an EU funded project in Haryana. She is currently the Italian representative at the Working Group 5 at the EU Climate Change Committee on “Implementation of the LULUCF Decision and policy development of the land use, land use change and forestry sector (529/2013)”. GEO Programme Board alternate representative for Italy, since July 2020 she is chairing the sub Group on Mitigation of the Climate Change Working Group at GEO.
- Local biophysical effects of land use and land cover change: towards an assessment tool for policy makers.
- Making sense of the LULUCF Regulation: Much ado about nothing?
- Is Soil Contributing to Climate Change Mitigation during Woody Encroachment? A Case Study on the Italian Alps.
- Da Kyoto a Parigi: le regole di monitoraggio e rendicontazione come elementi chiave per comprendere l’attuale negoziato sul clima.
- Critical adjustment of land mitigation pathways for assessing countries’ climate progress.
- Palm oil’s contribution to the United Nations sustainable development goals: outcomes of a review of socio-economic aspects.
- On the use of Earth Observation to support estimates of national greenhouse gas emissions and sinks for the Global stocktake process: lessons learned from ESA-CCI RECCAP2.
- The consolidated European synthesis of CH₄ and N₂O emissions for the European Union and United Kingdom: 1990–2019.
- The consolidated European synthesis of CO2 emissions and removals for the European Union and United Kingdom: 1990–2018
- Comparing national greenhouse gas budgets reported in UNFCCC inventories against atmospheric inversions