STEAM+is a large-scale innovative project with a holistic approach, aiming to provide educational policy makers with instruments to prepare new generations for handling the challenges of our time.
36 months from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2022
The EU-funded STEAM+ project aims at providing educational policy makers with instruments to prepare new generations for handling the challenges of our time. It does so by using transdisciplinary talent programs as laboratories of innovation in higher education (HE).
The project is co-created by a dedicated and qualified team of 18 partners from 9 countries, bringing together educators, policy makers and future employers, united in their aim to provide new generations with future-proof skills. CMCC is part of this consortium.
The STEAM+ project uses transdisciplinary talent programs as laboratories of innovation in higher education (HE).
STEAM+ combines three key innovative elements:
- Applying a holistic approach, starting with grand challenges, using international, transdisciplinary and educational chain perspectives;
- Using the proven innovative power of transdisciplinary talent programs;
- Collaborating transnationally with 18 HE and policy partners and 34 enthusiastic associate partners to optimize dissemination of results and impact.
The project intends to create two main products:
- An instrument on how to establish transdisciplinary talent programs in HE: The STEAM+ Innovation Lab Implementation Path;
- An instrument for policy makers at HE, local, regional, national and EU levels to support and recognize (development of) such programs: the STEAM+ Menu for Policy Inspiration.
- Universitetet I Oslo, Norway
- Johannes Kepler Universitat Linz, Austria
- Universitatea Alexandru Ioan Cuza Din Iasi, Romania
- Københavns Professionshøjskole, Denmark
- Klaipedos Universitetas, Lithuania
- Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster, Germany
- Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia, Italy
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
- Reedu GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research, Norway,
- Bundesministerium für Bildung, Austria
- Administration of Klaipeda City Municipality, Lithuania,
- Ministeries van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap, Belgium,
- Romanian Ministry of National Education, Romania
- Stichting Leerplanontwikkeling, Netherlands,
- Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici