The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive post-doc to work on developments of global ocean models, currently in use at CMCC for reanalyses and operational oceanography.
The location is CMCC Site in Bologna, Italy.
The primary purposes for this position is to perform research, development and assessment of the next generation CMCC global ocean model and the variational data assimilation system embedded in it.
The desired qualifications are:
- PhD in Physics, Physical Oceanography, Applied Mathematics, or related disciplines with possibly a research background in oceanography and/or data assimilation;
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. Fortran);
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages;
- Fluency in English.
The following experiences will be very welcome:
- Hands-on experience with ocean numerical modeling, experience with the NEMO modeling platform being an advantage;
- Experiences with data assimilation techniques for geophysical fields;
- Experience of parallel programming on supercomputers and knowledge of the NetCDF libraries;
- Good knowledge of scientific software (such as Python, NCO, CDO, MatLab, R, etc.);
- Good communication skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 12 months starting as soon as possible at an annual salary ranging from 28 to 35K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants should register to CMCC JAM (Job Application Manager) website and fill the online form following the link below:
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment” published to the following url: