The launch of the European Institute on Economics and the Environment Launch Event has taken place place on 11 June 2019.
The meeting has been opened by Richard Newell (RFF President), AntonioNavarra (CMCC President), Massimo Tavoni (Director RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment and Associate Professor at Politecnico di Milano).
The event has been honored by the lecture given by Prof. William Nordhaus, 2018 Nobel Laureate in Economicsfor his contributions to the relationship between climate change and economic growth.
The keynote has been followed by a discussion with Valentina Bosetti (Bocconi University) and by a panel discussion with leading members from academia, institutions, and industry, including:
- Jos Delbeke, former Director-General at EC Directorate-General “Climate Action”,
- Ottmar Edenhofer, Professor at the Technical University of Berlin and Director and Chief Economist of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research,
- Karina Litvack, Non-Executive Director of Eni
- Stefano Venier, CEO of Hera Group,
- Gianmario Verona, Rector of Bocconi University,
- Carlo Carraro, President Emeritus Ca’ Foscari University Venice, Chair of Executive Council of the RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment
The event has been organized by the CMCC Foundation – Euro Mediterranean Center on Climate Change