ICOS is organizing the 2nd International Science Conference in Helsinki, Finland, from 27 – 29 September, 2016.
The conference will address some of the key topics in the greenhouse gases and biogeochemical cycles research. More in detail, the main conferences themes will be:
- Theme 1 – From local to global scales: Relevance of regions and hotspots on greenhouse gas cycles
- Theme 2 – Long time series, experiments and modelling
- Theme 3 – New development in observation techniques and new scientific questions
- Theme 4 – After COP21: Challenges towards globally integrated observations and independent evaluation
- Theme 5 – Communicating Climate
As effectively communicating research findings to a wide range of stakeholders – from academic community to global media, decision makers and general public – is very important tasks of every environmental scientist, ICOS decided to add Communicating Climate as a fifth conference theme.
With this session ICOS would like to address the need for a more effective and impactful communication between environmental science and end users as well as to hopefully inspire discussions about best tools and platforms for effective environmental science communication.
The deadline for submitting the abstracts is June 9, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Helsinki time.
Helsinki - Helsinki -
27 Sep 2016 29 Sep 2016
Gorana Jerkovic – ICOS RI Communications Coordinator
Email: [email protected]