via E. De Nicola 9, I-07100 Sassari
+39 0761 309587
Degree in Natural Sciences (2004), and PhD in “Agrometeorology and Ecophysiology of Agricultural and Forestry Systems” (2009) at the University of Sassari.
In 2008, research assistant at the Rocky Mountain Research Station, Fire Sciences Laboratory, Missoula (MT, USA), focusing on statistical and geostatistical analysis within the FUELVAR project.
Since 2010, Co-Division Manager and researcher of IAFENT Division (Impacts of Climate Changes on Agriculture, Forests and Natural Ecosystems) at CMCC (Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change). From 2010 to 2013, CMCC Project Manager for FP7 FUME Project, also conducting scientific research on the relationship between weather/climate and fire and on fire risk evaluation throughout the identification of major key driver of fire at local and national scale.
Her research activity is focused on the analysis of:
- wildland fire regime and relationships between weather/climate and fire;
- modeling fire emissions;
- evaluate adaptation strategies to climate change in natural environment;
- sampling and mapping fuel characteristics.
She collaborated and collaborates to the scientific and technical management of several International, EC, National and Regional funded projects (e.g. FUME 2010-2013, Proterina-C 2009-2012, PRIN 2012, EXTREME 2012-2015).
- Improved forest fire spread mapping by developing custom fire fuel models in replanted forests in Hyrcanian forests, Iran
- Investigating the Climate-Related Risk of Forest Fires for Mediterranean Islands’ Blue Economy
- Performances of climatic indicators from seasonal forecasts for ecosystem management: The case of Central Europe and the Mediterranean
- Study on adaptation modeling
- An Open Source and Low-Cost Internet of Things-enabled Service for Irrigation Management
- Methods for biomass stock estimation in Mediterranean maquis systems
- Predicting wildfire spread and behaviour in Mediterranean landscapes
- The OFIDIA Fire Danger Rating System
- Assessing exposure of human and ecological values to wildfire in Sardinia, Italy