Italo Epicoco is an Assistant Professor at the University of Salento, Lecce, and the Director of the Advanced Scientific Computing (ASC) Division. He received a Ph.D. in 2003 in “Innovative Materials and Technologies” from ISUFI at the University of Lecce, Italy.
His main skills concern computer engineering and computer science. His research interests include the design of data mining algorithms on High-end computing architectures, High Performance and Distributed Computing. He is currently working on the optimization of numerical kernels for solving PDEs. The current application field is the Earth System Models with particular focus on ocean models.
His research activity also includes the benchmarking and evaluation of new emerging computational technologies based on GP-GPU, hybrid architectures and FPGA-based computing.
He published more than 50 papers in refereed books, journal and conference proceedings on parallel and grid computing.
- Parallel Mining of Correlated Heavy Hitters on Distributed and Shared-Memory Architectures
- Parallel space saving on multi- and many-core processors
- Fast and accurate mining of correlated heavy hitters
- Parallel mining of correlated heavy hitters
- A semantic grid-based data access and integration service for bioinformatics
- GridSAT Architecture: A Step Further Towards Security and Efficiency
- A Bioinfomatics Grid Alignment Toolkit
- Prototype of grid environment for earth system models
- The Roofline Model for Oceanic Climate Applications
- The Performance Model of an Enhanced Parallel Algorithm for the SOR Method