Viviana Piermattei holds a PhD in Ecology and Sustainable Management of Environmental Resources from the University of Tuscia. Since 2010 she’s been working as Technician at Laboratory of Experimental Oceanology and Marine Ecology (Department of Ecological and Biological Sciences, University of Tuscia), where she was responsible for oceanographic technology development and environmental applications.
Viviana holds a scientific affiliation with Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici (CMCC) Ocean Prediction and Application (OPA) Division, as expert in oceanographic instrumentation and observing systems, supporting the Division in the ) Interreg Italy-Croatia Strategic Projects CASCADE (CoAStal and marine waters integrated monitoring systems for ecosystems proteCtion AnD managemEnt), STREAM (Strategic development of flood management) and ADRIACLIM (Climate change information, monitoring and management tools for adaptation strategies in Adriatic coastal areas).
Her fields of expertise are development and application of innovative oceanographic sensors and platforms, observing system implementation and data processing.
- Preliminary study on monitoring the loggerhead sea turtle (Caretta caretta) using satellite tracking in the Adriatic and Ionian Seas
- Microbial Abundance and Enzyme Activity Patterns: Response to Changing Environmental Characteristics along a Transect in Kongsfjorden (Svalbard Islands)
- Phyto-VFP: a new bio-optical model of pelagic primary production based on variable fluorescence measures
- Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter as a Tracer of Fecal Contamination for Bathing Water Quality Monitoring in the Northern Tyrrhenian Sea (Latium, Italy)
- New Cost-Effective Technologies Applied to the Study of the Glacier Melting Influence on Physical and Biological Processes in Kongsfjorden Area (Svalbard)
- Microlitter pollution in coastal sediments of the northern Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy: microplastics and fly-ash occurrence and distribution
- Integrated Observing Systems Supporting Civitavecchia Port Development