via Thomas Alva Edison s.n.c. - 81100 Caserta (CE), Italy
Mario Raffa got a Master Degree in Electronic Engineering for Automation and Telecommunications at University of Sannio in 2014. He has been working as junior researcher for CMCC Foundation since 2015 in the REMHI Division. He carries out his activity in the field of climate simulations, with experience about the regional climate model COSMO-CLM at very high resolution and coupled with urban schemes.
He is the deputy coordinator of SOILVEG (soil and vegetation) working group of the CLM Community. He is mainly involved in the CORDEX – Flagship Pilot Studies projects, both CPM (Convection Permitting Models) and LUCAS (Land Use & Climate Across Scales) and he took part in different research projects, WEC (Climate Kic), EUCP (H2020), NEXTDATA (FISR).
- VHR-REA_IT Dataset: Very High Resolution Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis over Italy by COSMO-CLM
- The first multi-model ensemble of regional climate simulations at kilometer-scale resolution, part I: evaluation of precipitation
- A first-of-its-kind multi-model convection permitting ensemble for investigating convective phenomena over Europe and the Mediterranean
- A Comparison between One-Step and Two-Step Nesting Strategy in the Dynamical Downscaling of Regional Climate Model COSMO-CLM at 2.2 km Driven by ERA5 Reanalysis
- Evaluation and Expected Changes of Summer Precipitation at Convection Permitting Scale with COSMO-CLM over Alpine Space
- Biogeophysical impacts of forestation in Europe: first results from the LUCAS (Land Use and Climate Across Scales) regional climate model intercomparison
- Performance evaluation of regional climate model simulations at different spatial and temporal scales over the complex orography area of the Alpine region