SIMPLe main focus is the development of a methodological and technological framework for assisted production and harvesting in agriculture that, through the use of technologies, allows the monitoring of the production environment and the product. The purpose of the system is to ensure greater production yield, environmental sustainability and product quality, avoid using substances that are harmful to health, rationalize resources and reduce costs.
24 months from 02/07/2020 to 01/07/2022
The SIMPLe project aims to create a tool that allows to:
- Monitor production environment and products;
- Ensure greater production yield;
- Increase the environmental sustainability;
- Ensure the quality of products;
- Avoid the use of harmful substances;
- Streamline resources and reduce costs.
Task Management for the Tasks on:
- Design and development of the short-term and long-term forecasting system
- Environmental impact analysis (Life Cycle Assessment – LCA)
- Dissemination of the project results
- Events for the dissemination and communication of the project results
The project is divided into four work packages: Coordination; Monitoring; Project realization; Disclosure
Expected results: To provide the regional horticulture sector with controlled and highly performing production. The automated collection of products and the system equipped with sensors will innovate the production and collection phases, making them intelligent and sustainable.
Federazione Provinciale Coldiretti di Lecce
Società Cooperativa HYDRA
Università del Salento – Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell’Innovazione
Azienda Agricola Masseria Bianca
Società Agricola Cooperativa San Rocco
Università degli Studi di Bari “Aldo Moro” – Dipartimento di Informatica
Smart Education Lab s.r.l.
New Generation Aquaponics s.r.l.
JouleHub Mediterranean Srls