The project aims at integrating and improving current forest and tree plantation certification systems, thanks to the testing and promotion of innovative devices (TreeTalker) for continuous monitoring of tree functions, including growth, water fluxes, leaf health and tree mortality in response climate and other drivers.
The main CMCC’s role is establish and test a local scale monitoring network for individual trees, to acquire and transmit structural and functional data by using IoT technology, on the basis of the TreeTalker system.Expected resultsTop
Outcome 1: Operational local scale monitoring network establishment (CMCC).
Outcome 2: Mainstreaming of produced information into certification schemes and procedures (PEFC-Italy).
- Activity 1.1 – Ancillary data collection in the experimental site.
- Activity 1.2 – Design and set-up of the experimental monitoring network.
- Activity 1.3 – Data collection, transmission and processing.
- Activity 2.1 – “Translation” of scientific data in “ready-to-use” information for use in forest certification.
- CMCC - Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici