The SEME Division analyses the transition to sustainability, helping identify and evaluate low carbon, sustainable strategies. The approach used is multidisciplinary, with strong use of quantitative methods based on data science, integrated modeling and experimental and behavioral economics.
- Evaluate the low carbon transformation of the energy, land and climate sectors;
- Evaluate behavioural and traditional policy interventions for promoting pro-environmental behavior;
- Assess green innovation and its determinants;
- Study the interplay between various sustainable development goals;
- Identify robust policy strategies to climate risks and uncertainties;
- Identify technological and societal transition pathways;
- Study climate induced migration.
Globally, the industrial sector substantially contributes to the high level of the…
NAVIGATE is a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme…
ENGAGE is a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme…
Reply to: Why fossil fuel producer subsidies matter
Emmerling J., Tavoni M., Jewell, J., Vinichenko, V., Bertram C., Berger L., Daly H. E., Keppo I., Krey V., Gernaat D. E. H. J., Fragkiadakis K., McCollum D., Paroussas L., Riahi K., van Vuuren D.
2020, Nature, Volume 578, pages E5–E7(2020), DOI: 10.1038/s41586-019-1921-9, web page
Climate impacts on nutrition and labor supply disentangled – an analysis for rural areas of Uganda
Contribution of the land sector to a 1.5°C World
Drouet L., Roe S., Streck C., Obersteiner M., Frank S., Griscom B., Fricko O., Gusti M., Harris N., Hasegawa T., Hausfather Z., Havlík P., House J., Nabuurs G-J., Popp A., Sánchez M.J.S., Sanderman J., Smith P., Stehfest E., Lawrence D.
2019, DOI: 10.1038/s41558-019-0591-9, web page
FASST(R) is a source receptor model, an R version of the reduced-form…
WITCH (World Induced Technical Change Hybrid) is an integrated assessment model designed…
RFF-CMCC European Institute on Economics and the Environment leverages two leading international centers for economic and environmental research: Resources for the Future – RFF, Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change – CMCC.