The increasing rate of ice sheet melting and sea temperatures, sea level rise. The recent revolution occured in oceanography with the use of Argo floats.
In the occasion of the World Oceans Day, Simona Masina, oceanographer at the CMCC Foundation – ODA Division and INGV – Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, illustrates the current state of the global ocean while highlighting the future challenges due to climate change.
- CMCC SIDE EVENT at COP24 – #EU2050: Get ready for climate change: Today’s European adaptation policies and outlook towards 2050
- CMCC-SISC Webinar – “IPCC Special Report on impacts of global warming of 1.5°C: An overview of the main outcomes”
- CMCC Seminar – Mesoscale Variability in the Circulation and Hydrography of the Denmark Strait Overflow
- CMCC Webinar – I negoziati sul clima alla COP24 di Katowice: adattamento, mitigazione, trasparenza
- Cooperation is key to improve climate change adaptation in sensitive European border regions, maritime areas
- Leonardo Innovation Award 2018: two CMCC PhD students among the winners
- CLIMATE WITHOUT BORDERS wins the Best Climate Solutions Award 2018
- Seventh MONGOOS annual assembly: major outcomes and future perspective for operational oceanography in the Mediterranean
- Low-carbon energy finance: new insights for modelers and policy makers
- RP0286 – Learning from Nationally Determined Contributions
- RP0285 – CMCC-SPS3: The CMCC Seasonal Prediction System 3
- RP0284 – Climate-induced international migration and conflicts
- RP0283 – A Ricardian Analysis of the Impact of Climate Change on Italian Agriculture
- RP0282 – The cost of climate stabilization in Southeast Asia, a joint assessment with dynamic optimization and CGE models