Copernicus Marine Service online training workshop | 3-16 July 2020
Registrations are now closed
Mercator Ocean International, Dvokut-Ecro, The National Research Council (CNR – Italy) and the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) are organizing the Copernicus Marine Service Online Training Workshop dedicated to the Mediterranean Sea.
Due to COVID-19, the Copernicus Marine Service training workshop for the Mediterranean Sea, initially planned as a face to face event, has now upgraded to a new online format.
The workshop will be held online and involve self-directed and interactive learning.
The Copernicus Marine Service training workshop for the Mediterranean Sea will now be conducted online comprising 3 appointments (Rounds 1, 3-A & 3-B) with an interval of 1 & 2 weeks in between for practical homework (Round 2).
Round 1 – Webinars’ Session – Friday 3rd July 2020
Morning session with 2 webinars to introduce the Copernicus Marine Service and regional products and to present user testimonies.
Round 2: Practical Homework
- from 2nd July to 9th July 2020 for the in-situ & satellite products.
- from 2nd July to 16th July 2020 for the physical, bio and wave products.
At the end of the webinars session, the participants will access to specific online materials like the recording of the webinars, practical sessions (Jupyter Notebooks) created specifically for the workshop and tutorial videos associated. A chat/forum platform will be also at the disposal of the participants to facilitate the exchanges, ask questions and share the best practices. During this period, the participants will have the opportunity to practice themselves with the material provided.
Round 3: Debriefing sessions
- Round 3-A, 9th July 2020 – in-situ & satellite products.
- Round 3-B, 16th July 2020 – physical, bio & wave products.
During the debriefing session, experts and trainers will answer the frequently asked questions during online meetings.
Themes and Contents:
- General presentation of Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service, some downstream services and specific products for the Mediterranean Sea region;
- Practical sessions to get familiar with CMEMS Mediterranean Sea products and data;
- Interaction with experts and trainers through chat, live sessions and video tutorial.
CMCC Foundation – Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
Paola Agostini – firstname.lastname@example.org