via Thomas Alva Edison s.n.c. - 81100 Caserta (CE), Italy
Paola Mercogliano. she is a senior researcher with more than 16 years of research experience. She works at CMCC Foundation as head of the Research Division REMHI (Regional Model and geo-Hydrological Impacts) and she is also adjunct Professor at the University of Naples “Parthenope” of the “advanced meteorology” course and member of the board of the S.I.S.C. (Italian Society of Climatology). Her main areas of competence include: development and use of statistical tools and dynamical models for localization of the weather condition and climate change scenarios up to local scale, development of tools for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the soil impact induced climate change. She is also the manager of the dataclime platform (www.dataclime.com) working in GIS environment, for pre- and post-processing and visualization of observed and simulated climate data. She collaborates with private sectors industries for the assessment of the climate change impacts on critical infrastructure and with public bodies for the preparation of SECAP and SEA and other relevant documents to support policies for adaptation to climate change. She also collaborates with the scientific network leaded by Joint Research Centre (JRC) working on adaptation of structural design to climate change. She is currently the principal investigator of the Copernicus contract “Sectoral Information System to support Disaster Risk Reduction” (C3S_430) aims at developing a service supporting the risk assessment of extreme events with a special focus on urban areas. She is member of the COSMO Consortium, CLM Assembly, MENA CORDEX and EURO-CORDEX. Previously head of the laboratory of Meteorology at Italian Aerospace Research Center with the goal to implement forecast tools using satellite and NWP data for support to the aviation sector. Over the years he has carried out various activities as a meteorological forecaster. Authors of more than 60 scientific publications, she collaborates in various national and international research projects.
- Correction of ERA5 Wind for Regional Climate Projections of Sea Waves.
- Mountain tourism facing climate change. Assessing risks and opportunities in the Italian Alps
- A Sensitivity Study on High Resolution NWP ICON—LAM Model over Italy
- Climate Adaptation Modelling
- Characterizing extreme values of precipitation at very high resolution: an experiment over twenty European cities
- Using the present to estimate the future: a simplified approach for the quantification of climate change effects on urban flooding by scenario analysis
- Risk assessment framework for Mediterranean airports: a focus on extreme temperatures and precipitations and sea level rise
- Selecting and correcting RCM models ensemble: a case study for the evaluation of thermal discomfort for the city of Prato
- Propagation of variability in climate projections within urban flood modelling: A multi-purpose impact analysis
- VHR-REA_IT Dataset: Very High Resolution Dynamical Downscaling of ERA5 Reanalysis over Italy by COSMO-CLM