via Thomas Alva Edison s.n.c. - 81100 Caserta (CE), Italy
Paola Mercogliano. she is a senior researcher with more than 16 years of research experience. She works at CMCC Foundation as head of the Research Division REMHI (Regional Model and geo-Hydrological Impacts) and she is also adjunct Professor at the University of Naples “Parthenope” of the “advanced meteorology” course and member of the board of the S.I.S.C. (Italian Society of Climatology). Her main areas of competence include: development and use of statistical tools and dynamical models for localization of the weather condition and climate change scenarios up to local scale, development of tools for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the soil impact induced climate change. She is also the manager of the dataclime platform (www.dataclime.com) working in GIS environment, for pre- and post-processing and visualization of observed and simulated climate data. She collaborates with private sectors industries for the assessment of the climate change impacts on critical infrastructure and with public bodies for the preparation of SECAP and SEA and other relevant documents to support policies for adaptation to climate change. She also collaborates with the scientific network leaded by Joint Research Centre (JRC) working on adaptation of structural design to climate change. She is currently the principal investigator of the Copernicus contract “Sectoral Information System to support Disaster Risk Reduction” (C3S_430) aims at developing a service supporting the risk assessment of extreme events with a special focus on urban areas. She is member of the COSMO Consortium, CLM Assembly, MENA CORDEX and EURO-CORDEX. Previously head of the laboratory of Meteorology at Italian Aerospace Research Center with the goal to implement forecast tools using satellite and NWP data for support to the aviation sector. Over the years he has carried out various activities as a meteorological forecaster. Authors of more than 60 scientific publications, she collaborates in various national and international research projects.
- Investigation on potential and limitations of ERA5 Reanalysis downscaled on Italy by a convection-permitting model
- Climate-Risk Assessment Framework for Airports under Extreme Precipitation Events: Application to Selected Italian Case Studies
- Very High Resolution Projections over Italy under different CMIP5 IPCC scenarios
- Micro-scale UHI risk assessment on the heat-health nexus within cities by looking at socio-economic factors and built environment characteristics: The Turin case study (Italy)
- Developing Representative Impact Scenarios From Climate Projection Ensembles, With Application to UKCP18 and EURO-CORDEX Precipitation
- Climate change adaptation cycle for pilot projects development in small municipalities: The northwestern Italian regions case study
- The Worldwide C3S CORDEX Grand Ensemble: A Major Contribution to Assess Regional Climate Change in the IPCC AR6 Atlas
- Spatio-Temporal Pattern and Meteo-Climatic Determinants of Visceral Leishmaniasis in Italy
- Comparing different modelling strategies for the estimation of climate change effects on urban pluvial flooding
- Correction of ERA5 Wind for Regional Climate Projections of Sea Waves.