The Future Earth Research School aims at providing high-level scientific courses that help researchers understand and anticipate future global environmental challenges in the more general context of sustainability and climate change.
28 months from 01/09/2021 to 21/12/2023
The mission of the project is to create a research school on the general field of sustainability that can provide transversal tools to face global future challenges. The school offers a unique opportunity for up-and-coming researchers and international experts to work together and share experiences on different multidisciplinary aspects of research, building a fertile ground for innovation and new research pathways.
The CMCC Foundation will be responsible for the management and coordination of the school.
- Organize a two-year high-level educational path focused on planet’s future social and environmental challenges.
- Encourage and promote discussion and interactive activities such as group works and visits to sites linked to the field of research and innovation among the Emilia Romagna Region.
- Organize a competition between participants which will include the presentation of a project work at the end of each course.
- Collect and edit all the material used by the school’s faculty in order to create an online publication within a high-value scientific collection.
- Complement the Italian educational offer providing high-level scientific courses with potential international spillover on on how to deal with future global challenges in the more general context of sustainability and climate change.
- Contribute to research development in the field of sustainability thanks to the work of the experts and professors which will be gathered in a collection of scientific publications.
- Stand as a reference point of excellence in the field of international research on sustainability and future global challenges.
- Create a challenging and international environment towards innovation, enhancing the attractiveness of the regional territory and contributing to its internationalization.