FRAMESPORT project will perform a coordinated initiative supporting an integrated and sustainable development of small ports in a strategic perspective, thus allowing them to be pro-active socio-economic drivers of the development in the Adriatic coasts. Such a strategic objective calls for a multifaceted approach, including both the adoption of concrete pilot actions as well as identification of priority themes to be promoted within the overall strategy. Priorities will be individuated by means of a bottom-up approach, involving local and national stakeholders since the project inception phase. Partners, which has been chosen in order to guarantee a wide territorial approach, will address planning and management topics, business models implementation, enhancement of training and competence, as well as develop ICT tools and services, thus supporting an effective development of small ports in the whole ITHR area. Furthermore, a tailor-made ICT platform will collect and systematize relevant key data on small ports to be shared as starting point of any further development.
FRAMESPORT will build on existing knowledge and capitalize results of pilot initiatives by integrating them in a new strategic framework boosting small-scale maritime nodes performances along the Adriatic coasts.
36 months from 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2022
- Provide a strategic framework for improving small ports sustainable development in the long run.
- Realizing ICT platform allowing the development of innovative tools for small ports management.
- Enhancement of competences for harmonized planning and management of small ports
Fondazione CMCC will mainly work on the pilot concerning networking and innovative services for Apulia small ports but also for other locations in the programme area.
In addition to project management and communication and dissemination activities, main FRAMESPORT activities will concern:
- systematization of relevant data on small ports as well as the definition of a common strategic approach for their future development
- production of a guideline with policy recommendations for small ports development
- delivering the wide set of baseline data requested to fuel the database, as well as the information on the existing best practices and initiatives which are characterizing small ports
- testing of technical solutions as well as experimental initiatives in order to identify new or alternative paths to solve existing problems and to address small ports towards a more sustainable dimension and growth.
FRAMESPORT efforts will produce two main outcomes: from one side the definition of a common strategic approach in the systematization of relevant data on small ports which will result in an ICT platform collecting information on their infrastructures, data coming from different types of sensors and on their potentialities. This will be achieved also thanks to a connected result which is the improved cooperation among the stakeholders involved in small ports development. At the same time FRAMEPORT Strategy will results in an open opportunity for each small port to improve the overlooking planning of facilities, services and business models for their sustainable development. More in general, FRAMESPORT project will actively contribute to define a backbone reference that small port community will be able to exploit as to further improve in the efficiency of their services. Therefore, it can be stated that project results are contributing to Programme result indictor 4.1 even if not focusing solely on freight transport considering that they’re addressing a relevant change in approaching the promotion of connections among small ports and their hinterland as well as in the promotion of a more sustainable approach in the overall planning of relevant infrastructures supporting maritime transport in general in the long run.
- Municipality of Monfalcone (IT)
- Institute for Transport and Logistics Foundation (IT)
- Regione Puglia (IT)
- Sviluppo Marche Srl (IT)
- Regional Agency for Productive Activities (IT)
- Autonomous Agency for Hospitality and Tourism of Termoli (IT)
- Umag – Novigrad Port Authority (HR)
- Primorje-Gorski Kotar County (HR)
- County Port Authority of Zadar (HR)
- Port Authority of Šibenik (HR)
- University of Rijeka (HR)
- Logoteam Ltd. (HR)
- Ministry Directorat of Maritime Affairs (HR)
Follow the FRAMESPORT project with our social accounts: