- IIASA - Internationales Institut fuer Angewandte Systemanalyse
CD-LINKS has four overarching goals: (i) to gain an improved understanding of the linkages between climate change policies (mitigation/adaptation) and multiple sustainable development objectives; (ii) to broaden the evidence base in the area of policy effectiveness by exploring past and current policy experiences; (iii) to develop the next generation of globally consistent, national low-carbon development pathways, and (iv) to establish a research network and capacity building platform in order to leverage knowledge-exchange among institutions from Europe and other key players within the G20.
The role of CMCC will be threefold. First, through the climate economy model WITCH we will be part of the multi model comparison exercise which will explore the link between development and climate policies and between national policies and global ones. Second by means of statistical analysis CMCC will provide an assessment of the effectiveness of existing climate policies on green innovation. Third CMCC will be leading the efforts in developing effective tools to communicate project’s results to policymakers and general audiences.Expected resultsTop
Through six highly integrated work packages – from empirical research to model and scenario development – CD-LINKS will advance the state-of-the-art of climate-development policy analysis and modelling in a number of areas. The project aims to have a pronounced impact on the policy dialogue, both nationally and internationally: an important outcome of the project will be a list of country-specific policy recommendations for effectively managing the long term transformation process. These recommendations will point out opportunities for policy synergies and at the same time respect political and institutional barriers to implementation.ActivityTop
- Model development.
- Model simulations.
- Statistical analysis of existing policies and Green innovation measured by patents
- Development of a global invective map to report project results.
- PIK - Potsdam Institut für Klimafolgenforschung
- CMCC - Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change
- Ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu
- ICCS - Institute of Communication and Computer Systems
- WU - Wageningen University
- UEA - University of East Anglia
- IDDRI - Fondation de Recherche pour le Developpement Durable et les Relations Internationales
- COPPETEC - Fundação Coordenação de Projetos Pesquisas e Estudos Tecnologicos
- ERI - National Development and Reform Commission Energy Research Institute
- TU - Tsinghua University
- IIMA CRMS - Indian Institute of Management
- TERI - The Energy and Resources Institute
- HSE - Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution for Higher Professional Education National Research University Higher School of Economics
- NIES - National Institute for Environmental Studies Incorporated Administrative agency
- RITE - The Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth