RECEIPT project develops and implements a novel stakeholder driven storytelling concept that maps representative connections between European socio-economic activities and remote climatic hazards, in order to provide relevant and quantitative information on the European risks from remote global climatic features.
48 months from 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2023
RECEIPT has the following key objectives:
- Mapping of global hotspots of remote areas with climate features relevant for Europe, using state-of- the-art climate and climate-impact databases;
- Science-based sectoral storylines co-developed with societal partners, describing the impacts of remote climate change on: European food security, the financial sector, international development, commodities and European coastal infrastructure;
- Assessment of European socio-economic impacts along each of the selected storylines under different future climatic conditions, including high-end climate scenarios;
- A robust synthesis of the storyline results into a pan-European socioeconomic risk assessment focusing on the difference between high-end and moderate climate change conditions;
- Innovative web-based concepts for visualizing potential impacts of remote drivers and mapping risk mitigation options.
WP5 leadership, WP8 co-leadership CMCC leads the WP5 – International cooperation and development, focusing on EU external actions
- Storylines development – plausible scenarios of Europe can be affected by climate change impacts materialized outside of the EU.
- Sectoral risk assessment – analysis of remote affects of climate change and their propagation through agricultural import/export, food security, international trade, impaired coastal infrastructure.
- Better understanding of how the EU is exposed to remote climate change, improved climate risk assessment and policy recommendations how to counteract these risks,
- Improved risk assessment and management tools such as INFORM Risk index used to inform EU internal and external policies
- Stichting VU, NL
- Stichting Netherlands Escience Center, NL
- Internationales Institut Fuer Angewandte Systemanalyse, AT
- Potsdam Institut Fuer Klimafolgenforschung, DE
- Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich, CH
- Universitaet Bern, CH
- R2 Water, NL
- Arctik Sprl, BE
- Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici, IT
- The University of Reading, UK
- CICERO Senter Klimaforskning Stiftelse, NO
- Stichting Solidaridad, NL
- CASE – Centrum Analiz Spoleczno- Ekonomicznych- Fundacja Naukowa, PL
- Sayers and Partners LLP, UK
- University of Leeds, UK
- Stichting International Red Cross Red Crescent Centre On Climate Change and Disaster Preparedness, NL